Wednesday 17 September 2014

Beyond The Canvas

I have been in the business of beauty for a long time now. Over the years, I've come to see that what is on the outside often doesn't match what lies beneath the surface. We are taught as a society to form initial opinions based on what we see. I know it sounds cliche, but we decide whether or not to peel back the outer layers based on the shell.

I've spent almost half my life enhancing outer beauty, but in doing so I've also tried to get beyond the canvas to find the true personality of the person in my chair. I've always found it helped me to do better makeup when I could figure out what a person is all about to some degree. The truth is that we don't really know what is going on inside most often. As an artist, I am an instrument that helps enforce the illusion that one wants to put forth. I create the mask the actor wants to wear.

That is why I created this blog. To go beyond what we perceive as beauty. To sift through the marketing and the branding. To give you honest information about products, skincare, wellness and all the things that go into creating the package we present to the world.

This blog is NOT about egos. It's about things that help you put your best face forward, beauty awareness, conscious living, wellness and of course…having a little fun. It will strip down and bare all. It will make you rethink how you see makeup and skincare… and hopefully, how you look after yourself. My goal is to embrace ALL that is beautiful about each of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment